FREE RABIES CLINIC: FREEHOLD BOROUGH WILL HOST A FREE RABIES CLINIC ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2015 FROM NOON TO 1:00 P.M. AT THE FIRE HOUSE ANNEX LOCATED AT 49 WEST MAIN STREET. THE CLINIC IS FREE AND OPEN TO ALL NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS. CATS MUST BE IN CARRIERS AND DOGS MUST BE ON A SHORT LEASH. PLEASE CALL THE FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP BOARD OF HEALTH AT 732 294-2060 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS AND DISABLED PERSONS
The Senior Citizens’ Housing Corporation of the Borough of Freehold, in conjunction with the Borough of Freehold, is offering free transportation for senior citizens and disabled persons residing in Freehold Borough. Transportation is available Monday through Friday, to and from local doctors’ offices, CentraState Medical Center, local grocery stores, WalMart, and Freehold Raceway Mall. Please call 732 431-7599 for complete information.
REGULATIONS FOR THE USE OF CHIMINEAS, OUTDOOR FIREPLACES & FIRE PITS:
- Open burning in approved containers shall be allowed without a permit at single-family homes, duplexes, and townhomes, subject to the regulations contained herein.
- Fires shall be limited to a maximum 3 ft. diameter and 2 ft. in height, and must be contained in a non-combustible chiminea, outdoor fireplace, fire pit, or other method approved by the Fire Prevention Officer.
- All openings in the container or fire pit must be covered with wire mesh or other screening materials that will prevent the passage of sparks and embers.
- Fires must be kept at least 10 ft. from any structure or combustible exterior wall.
- Fires must be constantly attended.
- No such fire or container used for open burning may be used on any porch, deck, balcony or other portion of a building; within any room or space; or under any building overhang.
- The burning of yard waste, leaves, brush, vines, evergreen needles, branches smaller than 3 in. in diameter, untreated lumber, garbage, paper products or anything other than firewood as set forth herein is prohibited.
- The Fire Prevention Officer, Police Officer, or Code Enforcement Officer may order any open fire, or use of a chiminea, outdoor fireplace or fire pit which creates a nuisance to be extinguished.
TICK IDENTIFICATION & TESTING PROGRAM The Monmouth County Mosquito Commission currently provides tick identification and testing at their Tinton Falls location for County residents who have received a tick bite. The identification service is free, but there is a $25.00 fee for testing the tick for the organism which causes Lime disease. For more information, please log on to the website www.vistingmonmouth.com/mosquito/tick.html.
MOSQUITO CONTROL In order to control the mosquito population in our area, the County will be conducting aerial spraying of pesticides on an “as needed” basis starting June 1 through November 30th. Residents may request that they be notified 12 hours prior to the scheduled application. Please log on to the County website at www.visitmonmoouth/mosquito.com for more information.
FREEHOLD BOROUGH ASSESSMENT ABATEMENT PROGRAM The Freehold Borough Assessment Abatement Program is a five year, $25,000 abatement for work that has been determined by the Assessor to have added value. Applications are available from the Assessor’s office. As a courtesy, the Construction Office advises building permit holders, upon the issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy (C.O.) or Certificate of Approval (C.A.) of the program’s availability. Application must be made within 30 days of completion of the work. Tax increases are payable for the partial year of completion with the abatement commencing the January of the new year, and remaining for 5 years. NOTICE – “TIP HOT-LINE” THE FREEHOLD BOROUGH POLICE DEPARTMENT HAS INSTALLED A NEW “TIP HOT-LINE” WHICH WILL ALLOW RESIDENTS TO REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY OF ANY KIND (GANGS, DRUGS, CRIMINAL ACTIONS, ETC.) DIRECTLY TO THE POLICE. THE HOT-LINE NUMBER IS 732 431-0420, AND CALLERS MAY REMAIN ANONYMOUS IF THEY WISH.
MEMORIAL DAY PARADE
The Memorial Day Parade takes place on Main Street on Memorial Day and is among the oldest and largest parades in Monmouth County. www.freeholdmemorialdayparade.com. Click Here for 2013 Memorial Day Parade Committee.
SUMMER RECREATION PROGRAM
Each summer, Freehold Borough and the YMCA of Western Monmouth County sponsor a summer day camp for school age children who live in the Borough. Camp sites are located at the YMCA Community Center on Jackson St. and at various parks throughout the Borough. Activities include field trips, games, arts & crafts, and contests. Applications are available at the Y and at Borough Hall during the month of March. An extended day program is also available.
WINDOW PAINTING CONTEST
Each year, local high school students compete to paint the best Halloween scene on store windows along Main Street. Prizes are awarded for 1 2 and 3 place.
HOLIDAY HOUSE DECORATING CONTEST
At Christmastime, teams of Borough youngsters are driven through the Borough judging all the homes decorated for the holidays, then they enjoy pizza at one of the local restaurants.
Each year, the Freehold Borough Recreation Commission provides financial assistance and scholarship aid to various organizations in need of help, among them Colonial Basketball, Open Gym Program, Little League, Pop Warner, Community Youth Soccer, and the Hispanic Baseball League.
Application forms are available from the Recreation Commission for any organization wishing to use the local ballfields and parks for athletic events.